Although we take thorough care in handling our myriad of orders and deliveries, errors and defects are bound in one or two cases. In view of this almost inevitable occurrence, we’ve set up a returns policy and procedure to guide you through the process. Kindly read carefully and adhere to the instructions where applicable.
Returns is a scheme provided by MedecExpress as well as individual sellers directly under this policy in terms of which the option of replacement and/ or refund is offered by the sellers to you. All products listed under a particular category may not have the same returns policy. Kindly check the respective item’s applicable return policy on the product page for any exceptions to the table below
MedecExpress offers a standard 7 day return policy on all products ‘fulfilled by MedecExpress. So if the product delivered to you falls within the list of products eligible for returns, refunds or replacement, kindly notify us within 7 days of receipt and we’ll help you with a suitable solution. But after 7 days, the policy expires and returns, refunds and exchanges are no longer covered by MedecExpress. However, in any case, you can contact us at +233540871184 / +233302556990 or email@example.com and we will try to help if we can.
If the product has a manufacturer’s warranty that is still active after our return time frame has elapsed, the buyer should contact the manufacturer directly.
However, if the service center is not in your location, you may choose to contact MedecExpress
Please note that you will be responsible for the shipping cost of item
To return a defective product, follow the following procedures;
- Registering your complaint: In other words, you have 7 days to notify us of your return online or by calling Customer Service, from the day you received your purchase. For defective items, note that you have 7 days to return your product. After this period, we do not accept returns.
- Complaint Assessment: Within 48 hours of registering your complaint, your request will be reviewed by MedecExpress (and the seller, if applicable).
- Complaint Feedback: After your complaint is reviewed, the item in question may or may not be authorized for return (by MedecExpress or a seller, as appropriate) depending on the ‘Return Policy Eligibility’ factors.
Requirement for a valid procedure
For your return complaint to be valid, it is important you meet the following requirements
- Proof of purchase of the product in question from MedecExpress (order number, invoice, etc.)
- Reason for return has to be valid and return acceptance conditions met (check out below)
- If return for your product is not authorized, this will be communicated along with the relevant reasons for this decision. Likewise, if return is authorized, you will be sent an authorization along with appropriate document and information on where to drop off the item.
- Return of Item: If your return is authorized, you will be asked to return the item within the timeframe communicated while ensuring that:
- The item is returned in its original packaging with all accessories intact
- The item is in the same condition it was in when delivered
- The return approval document and the invoice is included with the reason for return written on it
- We will arrange a pick-up at your convenience within 48 hours after you submit the return request.
Note that for pick-up, we will make 2 scheduled attempts. However, after 2 pick-up attempts, we will cancel the return procedure and you will not be able to return your product to us anymore.
- In case of returns where you would like item(s) to be picked up from a different address, the address can only be changed if pick-up service is available at the new address.
- During pick-up, your product will be checked for the following conditions:
Note: The field executive may refuse to accept the return if any of the above conditions are not met.
Return Confirmation: Once your return is received you will receive a confirmation. However, if the item does not meet the criteria required for Return of Item, your return may be declined. Please note that this confirmation is simply a confirmation of the return and not of any defect, etc. as the item has not been inspected thoroughly.
Resolution Processing: final resolution after return confirmation may happen very quickly or may take longer. Situations involving relatively detailed inspections or examinations may take a longer amount of time.
Final Resolution: As soon as we reach a decision on your return, your repair, replacement, refund or exchange, it will be on its way to you. For any products for which a refund is to be given, the refund will be processed once the returned product has been received by the seller.
Defective products with manufacturer’s warranties have different policies: If a product is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, and the product’s manufacturer has not authorized third-party repair service providers to repair their products. For these products, you may be directed to contact the manufacturer or service center to handle issues covered under the warranty and receive your repair or replacement free of charge.
Checking an Item’s Warranty
MedecExpress makes it easy for you to make an informed buying choice. To inspect an item’s warranty information, simply look in the ‘Product Specification’ section of the product detail/description page.
Note: Where the service center is not available in your location, you may choose to contact us for assistance. However, the following would apply;
- The cost of shipping the product to MedecExpress and back will be incurred by the buyer.
- In the event the defect is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, you will be required to bear the cost of repair (the cost estimate will be provided by the service center and your consent will be obtained before repairs are carried out on the product).
- The returned product does not qualify for a refund or replacement from MedecExpress, However, the manufacturer may, or may not offer a replacement under the circumstance.
When you return an item, your refund and how your refund is issued may differ based on the condition of the item, how long you’ve had the item and how the item was purchased
|Correct Product||IMEI/ name/ image/ brand/ serial number/ article number/ bar code should match and MRP tag should be undetached and clearly visible.|
|Complete Product||All in-the-box accessories (like remote control, starter kits, instruction manuals, chargers, headphones, etc.), freebies and combos (if any) should be present.|
|Unused Product||The product should be unused, with non-tampered quality check seals/ warranty seals (wherever applicable). Before returning a Mobile/ Laptop/ Tablet, the device should be formatted and Screen Lock (Pin, Pattern or Fingerprint) must be disabled. iCloud lock must be disabled for Apple devices.|
|Undamaged Product||The product ( charging port/ headphone port, back-panel etc.) should be undamaged and without any scratches, dents, tears or holes.|
|Undamaged Packaging||Product’s original packaging/ box should be undamaged.|
I received something I didn’t order. What should I do?
We are sorry about this, please always if possible on your side, verify the item delivered when given by the delivery agent. And reject the item if it does not match your order. In case you accepted it from the delivery agent, you can still return it within 7 days.
Do I have to return all products in my order?
No, you do not have to return your entire order. You can return only the product you want to return.
Can I return my items after the timeline to return has expired?
Sorry, returns are not possible after the 7 day return period. You can reach our team for further questions at +233540871184 / +233302556990 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience issues after our return/exchange period has elapsed, you can claim your warranty (if any) from the authorized service center of the brand.
What should I do if I want to exchange a product and it is either sold out or not available?
You will have to return your product, within the 7 days after the delivery, and place a new order when it becomes available again. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Center at +233540871184 /+233302556990 or email@example.com who will offer the closest available substitute of the product to you.
Do I have to return the free gift when I return a product?
Yes, any free gift must also be returned.
If I request for a replacement, when will I get it?
It will take between 5 and 13 days to send you the replacement depending on your product and location.
Do I have to pay for shipping charges when I return a product?
There are no charges for shipping a product back to MedecExpress
The return shipping costs to the designated local return address are borne by the buyer.
General Return Policy Eligibility (& Warranty Exception): Not eligible
Most items sold on MedecExpress follow general return policies set by us or individual sellers, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
- Products in the categories below are not eligible for return:
- Products that have been installed, used, or altered from their original condition
- Products with tampered or missing serial / UPC numbers
- Products damaged due to misuse
- Products in the Games CD’s and Computer Software category that are not faulty and have been opened/unsealed
- Products with broken package seals.
Items with NO returns policy